Philippines Bacolod Mission

2016.11.21 Bro. Junmar is baptized!!!

Maayong Hapon Brothers kag Sister!!!!
Brother Junmar is baptized!!! I can not be any happier!!!!! He is so special to Sister Abad and I! Junmar is the deaf and mute. Not only has he taught me patience with myself but he showed me how to show love to God's children through work and not just words. He really is such an amazing example of a doer to me. Although Junmar physically can not speak or hear he still is able to understand the Christlike attributes of service and keeping commitments. I am truly blessed to know Brother Junmar and we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Days Saints are blessed to have our Brother, Junmar, in the army of God standing with us.
What a beautiful week of miracles! This week as I am away from family and friends for Thanksgiving I can say how thankful I am for each one of my family members and friends. Although I truly wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here in Bacolod, I will still be celebrating Thanks giving not just on Thanksgiving Day but everyday. Why, because everyday we are all blessed with so much. This season I can not help but really think about and be grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. There is really so much the Atonement gives us... for me as I am here on my mission it gives me strength. If you dont know how the Atonement can give someone strength I encourage you to pray and search for the answers. :) I
Love you all!!!! I want to thank Grandma so much for sending me a package. It felt so great to get a package from home!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
Shout out to Haley a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am so excited for you to enter the Young Woman Program so many great opportunities!!! Take advantage!!!! 
A Happy late Birthday to DAD!!!! (Mike) LIZ!!!!! MONIQUE!!!! (Dad can you add anyone else I am missing sorry I missed your birthday!!! I was not thinking straight!)
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Sis. Garrish



Dear Family and Friends,
Bunch of joy I have felt this past week. Heavenly Father loves us so much. He lives and He wants all of us to come in His presence with our family. He is our literal Father in Heaven, He wants to bless everyone as long as we are doing our part as His children. As a missionary the Lord expects me to serve Him with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By heart, the Lord means emotions and sentiments. Might refers to spiritual faculties, including will power. Mind refers to entire thought process like intellect and reasoning abilities. Strength means physical attributes of every action. Every second is very important because I am using the Lord's sacred time. Every day is harvest day. Finding people who kept from the truth. 
To teach effectively, you need to obtain spiritual knowledge. The Lord has said in Doctrine and Covenants 11:21, "Seek not to declare my word, but first to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." I really love personal and companionship study. It is the time of receiving revelations for the investigators. The time you will find answers to their questions of the soul. Getting good results from study depends on having a strong desire to learn, and by studying with real intent. The type of companionship study that we have with Sister Garrish is such a spiritual amazing experience. We were imagining ourselves as a seminary, or institute, or MTC teacher when sharing the things we have learned from our personal study. One hour per personal study and two hours per companionship study including training for my trainee, then another 1 hour for language study. Lots of studies and it is really worth it. 
Last Saturday, we had a baptism again. A wonderful day that we saved soul once again. The first missionaries have always seen Junmar as a deaf struggling “sikad/pedicab” driver and never tried talking with him because they knew not how to communicate with him. Until one day Sister Garrish and I received a big prompting and the confidence to talk with him. With lots of random hand gestures and ASL we finally got to teach him the first lesson about the restoration although it was a big struggle, it was also a big success. Later on we had the opportunity to take Junmar to the computer lab where lds.org had an ASL section to teach Junmar more clearly. Since day 1, he has had such a strong desire to learn more about the church and later get baptized. His story was so inpiring. Despite of his disability, he continued to follow Jesus Christ example through baptism. 
Guess what! President Cobing, the first counselor of Bacolod Central Stake, let me borrowed their violin last week which is owned by his daughter. I was like, ðŸ˜®! Really??? Before transfer day, we will be having a musical presentation at the sacrament. We will going to sing ABIDE WITH ME TIS EVEN TIDE on hymn 165. Elder Pajarin on the piano while Sister Garrish and Elder Baldwin will sing together with the ward missionaries. December 5 is transfer day but I don't know yet if I am going to transfer or stay still here in Bacolod 1st ward. I love this area. However, I will go where the Lord wants me to serve.  
Anyways, I am back ankle is okay now. The mission nurse gave me a medicine. I can walk as fast as I can. No unhallowed hand can stop the work of the Lord. 
Sister Abad ðŸ’›