Philippines Bacolod Mission

2017.06.19 Sup fam? Well I am still alive!

Hello Family and Friends! 

Well... I am still alive! :) These past couple of months have been pretty crazy and I have just been trying to balance eveything out. I know I havent been very good about writing but here you go. The past two Baptisms Sister Annie and Brother Hazel have both come from Concepcion and you can read about their Conversion down below :) Concepcion has been amazing! Even though we weren't able to go there this week we still had 8 Investigators come to church on their own. It was amazing. My companion and I have been working really hard with Concepcion and I wouldn't be suprized if the whole compound ended up getting baptized by the end of this year. :) They are all so amazing. They have really pushed me with my studies though because a lot of them are Bible Believers which is their religion. About 20 years ago an American came as a missiony as a Bible Believer and so they all converted to that religion. Now the American they said didn't speak Hiligaynon so he had a translater so they are very impressed with me during the lessons because I didn't have a translator (Alma 29: 8) . :) Which is fun. Anyway, the Bible believers have a strong faith and knowledge in the OLD testament.It's has been very fun to explain that we can actually tie a knot on the Sabbath with both hands haha for those that know that Law of Moses and all the silly Laws that they had to follow back in the day. So anyways, it has been fun to do my studies on why they don't need to follow them by using the New Testament. It's very fun and rewarding to see how they actually now understand the Bible and which Laws are for us today. Yes, we believe both the Old Testament and the NEW testament, where if we read the New testament we will find the understanding of how Jesus nagtuman (Hebrews 10:8-10; 20) Basta Its been fun for me to see how true this church is. If we read the Scriptures we will understand what is right (John 5:39
As for me and my companion we are great. She's like my best friend. Of course we have our ups and downs but I wouldn't want anyones else by my side. I really know our President is called of God because I have been truly blessed with my companions. I have learned something new from all of them. Even if it's me suppose to be training them, half the time it's them training me. I love what people can teach us. They all have differents things that they have learned in their lives that we can all learn from. One of my favorite quotes is:Image result for it takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes but an even wiser man to learn from others

It really is true :) 
Ummmm. Well... we had FHE  last night at the Tamba family for the first time. It was super cool to see their family come together...here are some pics... enjoy :)  

Shout out to Andrew (Happy Fathers Day) Future pappi!!! 
Kag Shout out to Katie I Love You Beautiful!



- Sis. Garrish