Philippines Bacolod Mission

2016.10.17 Birthdays and Public Speaking

Dear Family and Friends,
So to start off, last Monday, I found out that I was assigned to demonstrate teaching about the Sabbath day in front of my entire batch in Hiligaynon of course. The batch means all of the Elders and Sisters I was in the MTC and came with to Bacolod. Which is 27 Elders and Sisters all of their trainers that are training them in their area. This would be the last time we would all together called our "follow up training." So my first initial thought was not 'oh my!' I am so nervous! No, that came later on. My first initial thought when I was told I would be demonstrating how to teach about the 'Sabbath day' in Hiligaynon was.... How in the heck do you even say Sabbath Day. I will probably never forget it.... That doesn't mean I can spell it though. Its like 'adlaw sang inu.... One seconded let me ask Sister Abad...... Oh okay! Its adlaw sang inigpahuway! What a fun word right? Wrong. Anyways, I did that on Wednesday and I did not do as bad as I thought I would.... I prayed and did my part by practicing as much as I could so I just said what ever happens and gave myself to God..... So I don't actually remember how it went when it was actually happening. I just know afterwards they were like "Wow! Sagad Sister Garrish and so great Sister G." "Wow that was amazing!" ....I hope they all know that as stated in the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 26:32 second part, that it's a sin to lie!!
Anyways, after that ended I still had to prepare a sacrament meeting talk in Hiligaynon again! Topic: How to bear a testimony. I actually had a fun time learning about how to bear testimony from our church magazines. So the one thing I focused on was even if you don't speak the same language or even if you do speak the same language...the strongest and most effective way to share the testimony is through your actions. It's so simple but yet so powerful. I can not tell you how often I have fallen short of this. I really get frustrated with myself when I think about how I was under a covenant with God to take upon Jesus Christ's name and I did not show it. I am so grateful for the atonement, without the atonement I would be so lost. We would all be lost! What comes to mind is what Prophet Thomas S. Monson said in his talk in  general conference (6th paragraph), "Repent and Improve".  I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, some that will affect the rest of my life and I still make mistakes now. So the only best thing that I can do is "repent and improve". 
Well, that was my week a lot of self reflecting on how I can improve and be a better 'me' for myself, my companion, my investigators, my family, and my future family. Also a lot of language study this week. 
What else? Oh! We celebrated Sister Alma's birthday. Sister Alma has such an amazing family they are all so nice and we have lots of laughs when we are there. So sister Abad and I bought her a cake and surprised her. So fun! Sister Alma is the one that made me a dress! Its a floral one I'm wearing and I absolutely love it! She is so sagad! Talented! 
Sister Abad and I had some fun times at the Ciscar Family as well! This week was full of miracles and blessings! I just want to express how grateful I am for my companion, Sister Abad! She is so wonderful! The best trainer ever! She helped me with the translation of both speaking parts and we just always have a great time together! I don't want to transfer! haha! I love the area and my companion and the ward. 

Well, I love you all and I hope you are all doing amazing! 

With love, 
Sister Garrish

P.S.
Has time been flying by for you as fast as it's flying by for me? 
P.S.S.
Enjoy the pictures
















The cake sister Abad and I got for Sister Alma, I think she liked it ๐Ÿ˜‹



The Galeno Family celebrating Alma's Birthday๐Ÿ˜˜

The part of Ciscar Family Fruity and Daryl ๐Ÿ˜„

After Church with the YSA, RC, Investigators, Elders, Sister Abad and I ๐Ÿ˜