Philippines Bacolod Mission

2016.10.24 Adobo, discipleship and dead camera

Dear Family and Friends,
Wow! What a week! And of course it went zooming! Well to start off from last Monday, the last time we talked :) after our P-day last Monday, Sister Abad and I went to the Santillan home for family home evening where they made amazing adobo and even better because it had pineapple. My two favorite things in the whole world put together in one. It was amazing! Not to mention the delicious dessert they made "leche flan," oh my goodness, its to die for! ❤ Okay enough about food, sorry! But before dinner we taught about temples, this family all got baptized about a year ago so they are about ready to get sealed in the temple for time and all eternity! How exciting! Our main message to the family revolved around Helaman 10:7. "Behold, I give unto you power, that whatsoever ye shall seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven; and thus shall ye have power among this people" and the inspiring quote by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Exaltation is our goal and Discipleship is our journey." Families are such a blessing that God gave us so we can have happiness and joy here in this life and in the after life. What a blessing to be with them forever through the journey of life as all disciples of Jesus Christ.
Well the next day we had a district meeting and oh boy! It blew my mind! Our district leader Elder Chapple, taught about the importance of the Doctrine and about how we can be better missionaries using doctrine. Most importantly, what is doctrine? For all you teachers out there whether it be Young Women, Elders Quorum, or Primary, this is one thing that Elder Chapple said that really stuck in my mind. I am not sure if someone else actually said it but I'm not going to quote it as Elder Chapple words -- "Don't use the Book of Mormon to testify of your words but instead you testify of the Book of Mormon." That hit me, of course, it sounds like common sense but when I reflected on my teaching, I noticed how often I use the Book of Mormon to try to prove what I was saying was true when it should have been the other way around!
Anyways just something that interested me! :)
Well anyways, the next day I went on my first set of exchanges! That is when I switch companions for the whole day. So I do all my studies with someone else and go out proselyting in another area. So my companion was Sister Fawcett. She was great! She has only been out for 6 weeks more than me and her Hiligaynon was so amazing! She is very talented.
Well another than that we had another amazing baptism, Brother Clark Pedan who loves to sing, dance, and act so we've get along great. :)
I played basketball with the first road kids. My favorite family the Ciscar Family ❤
They are so fun!
So time for some sad news:
One - my new camera that I bought before I came, broke. For no reason! I was just taking a picture when it turned purple then turned off now it won't turn back on. :(
Two - I am pretty sure I am getting fat. 
Three - we did not get a transfer call... so Sister Abad is stuck with me for another 6 weeks. yay! That's not sad for me just sad for her. HAHA! Joke lang she loves me! I think. :)
Well other than that I can't think of what else to write because everything was amazing, the new people I met, the things I learned and the miracles I witnessed but I'll save all those stories for when I come home.
I really love it here! The people, our amazing ward is top notch! The best! I love them all so much! Even when I don't understand what they are talking about or when they don'y understand me they are so sweet! Especially the YSAs [Young Single Adults]! They are all so fun and so spiritually strong. Most of them are return missionaries or preparing to go out on a mission! Such great examples to me!
Well, I love you all! And I hope you are all doing amazing! Please know you all have some sort of impact in my life, so thank you! I love you!
Love,
Sister Garrish