Philippines Bacolod Mission

2017.01.09 My mission is hard, but why wouldn't it be?

Hello friends and family, 

So this week went by flying as usual. 😑 So many laughs and good times and of course some difficult times and challenges. 
Not sure if you guys remember but a while ago I mentioned how the atonement can strengthen us and I encouraged you guys to try and find out how the atonement can strengthen you in your everyday life. I would like to share with you all how the atonement of Jesus Christ gives me strength everyday, especially out here in the mission field. 
As I go through my day, there are lots of difficult challenges that I face each day. Almost everyday the thought pops into my head "This is too hard".  Sometimes, very rarely, the thought pops into my head "I can't do this anymore it's way to hard" but I immediately push those thoughts out of my head as I start to think what our Savior Jesus Christ went through. Jesus Christ, is the only perfect person, perfect missionary to ever come to earth and just thinking of what he went through for me helps. He helps me to stop feeling sorry for myself, to get back to work and to never give up. Jesus never gave up even though he went through an enormous amount of pain. He still never gave up. But ask yourself, what did he die for? What did he go through all that pain for? Was the price he paid worth it? For me and millions of others around the world the answer is yes. He went through all that pain so we would have a CHANCE at salvation. Now it is our turn, it is our turn to pay the price for our salvation, to walk the road to salvation. We need to remember it will not be easy because it was never easy for Him. This is God's plan for us that we accepted so we will be held accountable. But as for me, as I walk to find souls, to help them to not give up, to help them carry their cross I will remember it was never easy for my Savior Jesus Christ, therefore, it will not be easy for us. 
I hope this letter lightens the weight of your cross, knowing that the atonement of Jesus Christ will help you on your personal journey up Calvary's Hill. 
I know He loves me and is fighting for me to succeed and I know He is doing the same for you. Keep going, don't give up and remember He has never forgotten you. He is there just be humble enough to feel Him. I know this to be true with all my heart and soul. Our Savior lives and God is waiting and trying His best to push us so we can reach the potential, He knows we can reach. 
I know life is hard but through Jesus Christ we can get through the hard times and grow. I love this church and all the blessings it has in store for individuals and their families. I love you all and I am grateful to have you all in my life.  I am grateful for all of you that helped me carry my own cross and continue to do so.

- Sis. Garrish

Thanks to Becca and Jacob my testimony has been strengthened with the scripture
"Ask, and it shall be given you;
Seek, and ye shall find;
Knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
Becca and Jacob thank you so much for the chocolates, candle, calender and the beautiful dress!!!! I love it alll so much!!!!! I was so happy! I Love you guys!!!! It really made my Christmas! <3


Sister Irene at her baptism





PAG ASA Kids <3

Mi amigo!

Lola, Namay Kag Anak

Sister Arthur and I

Sister Barredo and I :)
I love her so much!!!
She is such a blessing to my life and she is the funniest person I've ever met!

MLC icecream!