Philippines Bacolod Mission

2017.01.02 Happy New Years!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!
Wow what a celebration it has been here in the Philippines! Lots of firecrackers! So fun to see all the children and all the families that came together to celebrate 2017!

I am so grateful to start of the year of 2017 here in Bacolod Philippines! I have been blessed in so many ways last year because of my decision to become a missionary.  I can not wait to see what 2017 has in stored for me this year while serving.

SO... for New Years Eve we got to spend the evening with the Nang Family where they asked us right before dinner if we the missionaries to share a message :) So Elder Pajarin, Elder Young, Sister Abad and I came together to figure out what to share about that was quick and powerful. I opened up my New Testament and automatically read Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. I really loved that scripture and I shared that with the other missionaries and they looked at me and said that's great, go for it and we will all follow you. So I went for it and the one thing I realized is how the verse is the answer to all of my worldly questions, all my worries and all my doubts. This verse is so strong and powerful. If we put our Heavenly Father first, in everything, he will provide everything for us. for example: If we are not focusing on our callings in church instead we are focusing on our worldly problems (work,sports, even school) and not putting our callings first, that is just one example of not seeking first the kingdom of God. God promises us if we put Him first in all things he will provide. We need to have faith and challenge ourselves to not allow the world to determine what is more important, no matter how many people are doing it or justifying it. I love the scriptures, I really encourage us all to read as much as we can. I know how busy we all get but if we find time to read the scriptures and pray, Heavenly Father will find time for you to do the things we want to do.

I love you all and I hope you all enjoy these pictures :)

-- From your favorite 5'9 white with blonde hair and hazel eyed Sister missionary,

Sis. Garrish